© 2020 All rights reserved
Dr. Krishna S Iyer
Director , MBBS, MS, MCh, 30 years of experience, New Delhi , India
- Dr Krishna S Iyer is one of the leading paediatric cardiac surgeons in India.
- He is renowned for his clinical expertise and widespread involvement in cardiac care for children in India and other developing nation.
- Dr Iyer began the first dedicated pediatric cardiac care program in Northern India, at Fortis-Escorts Heart Institute in 1995.
- He has performed more than 10,000 pediatric cardiac surgeries with congenital heart diseases comprising various procedures like arterial switch procedure, double switch operation TAPVC repairs, Fontan and Fontan type procedures, corrections for tetralogy of Fallot, DORV, Truncus etc.
- Dr Iyer completed his MBBS, MS (General Surgery) and Mch (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery) from the renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- He took training in paediatric and infant cardiac surgery from Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
- Dr Iyer has over a hundred of research publications in both national and international journals.
- He has also authored sections in medical books on paediatric and neonatal cardiac surgery.
- He has been the founder President of Asia-Pacific Paediatric Cardiac Society and has also the President of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India.
- MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi
- MS, AIIMS ,New Delhi
- MCh, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Paediatric Cardiologist
- Complex neonatal cardiac surgery
- Cardiac surgery in malnourished infants and children
- Congenital heart disease
- Cost effective cardiac care
LIST OF TREATMENTS
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- ECMO Support
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- PDA Device Closure
- Aortic Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Aortic Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Mitral Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Mitral Valve replacement - Tissue Valve.
- Aortic Valve Repair.
- Mitral Valve Repair.
- Arrhythmia Treatment with Ablation and Pacemakers.
- Coronary Artery Surgery.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment.
- Coronary Angiogram.
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal.
- Coronary Angioplasty.
- Aortic Stent Grafting.
- Transarterial Radioembolization - TARE
- Heart disease.
- Balloon Septostomy.
- Valve Repair Replacement.
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery.
- Cardiac Tumour Treatment.
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG).
- Awarded Institute Gold Medal for Best Graduate of the year at the MBBS examination in Dec.1977. Secured following awards in All India Institute of Medical Sciences between 1973 and 1977 : - Institute Merit Awards for securing highest grades in the following subjects: * Anatomy * Physiology * Biochemistry * Forensic Medicine*General Surgery* Obstetrics & Gynaecology- Sardari Lal Kalra Gold Medal for proficiency in Microbiology in May 1976.- Institute Merit Scholarship.- Sorel Catherine Frieman Prize for proficiency in Pediatrics in Dec.1977. Pfizer Postgraduate Medical award, Gold Medal and Scroll of Honour Hira Lal Gold Medal for being the best postgraduate in General Surgery Awarded the Distinguished Service Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the world by World Congress